5. Wanting so desperately to be a teenager, and feeling so cool on your thirteenth birthday.
6. Kissing someone for the first time and how amazing it felt, even if it was, in fact, terrible. Trembling hands, thrashing tongues, bumping noses. The awkwardness was all worth it to know that you were wanted, that you had been chosen, that you had experienced a milestone other people hadn’t.
7. Feeling like there is no way you could possibly ever die.
8. Sleepovers with your friends in middle school and talking about “deep” things as the sun rose.
9. Every day seemed to last forever, which was annoying at the time, but now you miss it. Now you want it all to just slow down a little bit.